"So Much Better When We're Together"

We love to taste great food and we love to be together. We'll meet at a new restaurant once a month. Everyone is welcome.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Better late than never, right?

3/21/11
Good thing we have great friends and LOVE talking, otherwise, this night could have been a bust. I'll review the positives and negatives later of Sliderbar Cafe. More importantly, we celebrated Ronna and any time Ronna is around, you know you'll laugh and be entertained by this fun gal. We hope you had a fun birthday and loved celebrating with you!
Cindy, I know you'll love the personal shot, but I had to document that you were up and out on the town, without your newborn of only 10 days or so, looking fabulous. Way to go!

Now for the food:

Positives:
1- Presentation was nice, we liked how the fries were served in the tin bucket. I personally liked the sauce for the fries.
2- In theory, sliders are fun and it was good to go as a group and try so many different ones.
3- The barbque pork was the hit of the night.

Negatives:
1- This is a tiny restaurant and we had to wait forever to get a table. Next time, don't come with more than 2 if you want to be seated sooner than 45 mintues.
2- The fries were cold! The sweet potato fries had potential, but could have been better.
3- The burgers were just so, so. The pulled bbq was a favorite, the orginal was also a close second. The serrano chili southwestern slider was too hot, the California chicken slider needed more flavor, and Mediterranean was fine but nothing to get super excited about. Overall we thought their sliders needed more personalality, punch, and pizzaz.
4- The lava cake, although nice to look at, could not be considered a "lava" cake since there was no lava. Luckily Ronna's came free for her birthday.
5- Service was lacking and I'm not a tough critic when it comes to waiters. Maybe I had lost all patience after waiting over an hour for our table, but the guy seemed a little distracted, not interested or attentive to the basics, like making sure we had enough plates, waters, etc.

Sorry, Sliderbar Cafe, I think if I want a fancy burger I'll go to the Counter next time.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Holly! I agree with your review 100%

    ReplyDelete
  2. An honor! To be featured on the blog :) I agree with the comments, well only about the service and the lava cake since that's all I tried. Had potential, but I'm more of a fan of the Counter too.

    ReplyDelete